Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Introducing the Gold Tower


By way of introduction, I'd like to take a minute to explain the title of my blog, and why I've long felt the need to publish my thoughts on economics, the marketplace, and politics.

My name is Jason Evdoxiadis, and I am the broker of record for my Toronto-based commercial real estate firm, Ashlar Doxa Realty Inc. We are well known for leasing and selling some of our city's most beloved heritage buildings, as well as our primary focus, which is the sale of high-value commercial assets.

I was previously a senior advisor for the Canadian Broadcasting Company in their RE sales and aquisitions, and have worked with a broad spectrum of clients and property types. As a proud Canadian of Greek background, I also sit on the board of the Hellenic-Canadian Board of Trade, and until recently was a board member of Ontex Resources, a publicly-traded gold exploration company.

The Gold Tower is the intersection of two of what I believe are the most important assets in today's market - precious metals (most importantly, gold) and commercial real estate. Each has unique strengths that will enable the investor to thrive, even in the current state of affairs (and the crashes and market upsets, I believe, are far from behind us.)

Writing from a Canadian perspective, where bank lending and asset prices have been far more conservative than in the United States, commercial real estate is doubtlessly one of the strongest (and most overlooked) areas for opportunity - and without considering myself a "gold bug" in the least, there are geopolitical forces leading gold steadily uphill.

Other posts will touch on politics and economics...subjects dear to my heart and on which I have many opinions!

I look forward to your comments and feedback.

Jason Evdoxiadis

No comments:

Post a Comment